Our complaints policy
We are committed to providing a high-quality service to all our clients. When something goes wrong, we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards.
If you have a complaint, please let us know the details in writing, either by letter or email.
What will happen next?
- We will acknowledge receipt of your complaint by letter or email within three working days of receiving it, enclosing a copy of this procedure.
- We will then investigate your complaint. This will normally involve passing your complaint to the manager of the relevant department (sales, lettings, property management or estate management), who will review the matter and speak to the member/members of staff involved.
- Within fifteen working days of your complaint being sent, we will send you a detailed written reply to your complaint, including suggestions for resolving the matter.
- If you do not feel your complaint has been resolved, we will then invite you to a meeting during working hours to discuss and resolve your complaint. The meeting will take place within fifteen working days of us becoming aware of your dissatisfaction, subject to your availability.
- Within five working days of the meeting, we will write to you to confirm what took place and any solutions we have agreed with you.
- If you do not want a meeting or it is not possible, we will arrange for a director of the company to review the decision.
- We will write to you within 10 working days of receiving your request for a review, confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons.
- If you are still not satisfied after the last stage of the in-house complaint procedure (or more than 8 weeks has elapsed since the complaint was first made) then you can take the matter up with The Property Ombudsman: (or your chosen approved scheme) without charge”. You can contact The Property Ombudsman by:
If you remain dissatisfied, you can then contact The Property Ombudsman to request an independent review:
The Property Ombudsman Ltd
43-45 Milford Street
Please note the following:
You will need to submit your complaint to The Property Ombudsman within 12 months of receiving our final viewpoint letter, including any evidence to support your case.
The Property Ombudsman requires that all complaints are addressed through this in-house complaints procedure, before being submitted for an independent review.