Landlord Services from Colin Bibra Letting Agents in Ealing

Landlord services from Colin Bibra offering Rentals, Property Management and Letting Agency services in Ealing, Acton, Brentford, Chiswick, Hammersmith, Park Royal and Shepherds Bush

Colin Bibra run a comprehensive Property Management department. Effective property management results in good tenant/landlord relationships, regular income, good quality cost-effective repair/maintenance, and the fulfilment of all legal obligations. It requires good communication, administrative and organisational skills, experience with people and property, and on-going training in the related legal obligations. A good portion of patience is also needed!

The Property Management Team at Colin Bibra is experienced in all aspects of residential, commercial and industrial rentals and property management. Our professional property managers regularly attend industry seminars and are ready to pass on the benefit of their knowledge and experience to clients. Attention to detail is one of our many strong points and it is this aspect which could save you time and money.

The Property Management Department envelops the following services:

For property rental enquiries or for a discussion about any management requirement you may have, contact our Property Management Department

To see our Landlord Fees – Click Here 

As an integral part of our property management service, we offer the following –

Builder and Decorators

Landlord Services from Colin Bibra – Anyone who has had building or decorating work done in their home will appreciate the value of choosing a reputable company that will do the work on time and to budget, whilst causing the minimum disruption to the day-to-day lives of you and your family.

Often, the best way to find builders and decorators is to obtain recommendations from people you know who have had a satisfactory experience.

Look for companies that offer free, written quotations, can give you testimonials from satisfied customers, have the necessary industry accreditation and are members of professional bodies.

We work with local, industry-accredited builders and decorators who we can recommend.

Removal and Clearance

When you need to move home, you want to be sure your possessions are moved with care.

You will need to use a professional removal company with the highest standards who come highly recommended; a company that will make your house move or clearance as stress-free as possible.

Make sure you use a company that offers a packing service and is covered by in-transit insurance and public liability insurance.

We have a list of companies we would be happy to recommend who can give you free, no-obligation quotations and advice.

Furniture and Furnishings

Landlord Services from Colin Bibra – Furniture and furnishings make a house a home.

Whether you choose a glass and chrome, minimalist interior or soft furnishings and lots of comfy seating, you will be looking to create a look that matches your lifestyle.

If you are furnishing a property to let, you will need hard-wearing, functional furnishings that are good value and won’t need replacing before each new tenancy.

As a leading Lettings agent, we are often asked by our landlords whether it is best to furnish or leave a property unfurnished for tenants to be able to utilise their own items.

For more advice, please contact our friendly and experienced Lettings team for a free, no-obligation appraisal of your furniture requirements.

If you need an easy and cost-effective way to furnish your rental property, we have specialist suppliers offering stylish and attractive units you can order at affordable prices for immediate delivery and installation.

Tax advisers (also so Accountancy and Audit)

Effective tax planning is essential.

Mistakes or omissions can cost you money.

As a landlord, this can be a complex area, with various tax reliefs and allowances available that are subject to change with each successive Budget.

Income Tax, Capital Gains Tax and Value Added Tax (VAT) are areas needing consideration and expert guidance.

We work with local, accredited Tax Advisers who we are happy to recommend.

Legal Advisers

Legal Advisers

Once you have agreed an offer on your house, you need to instruct a solicitor to handle the transfer of ownership of the property to you. This is a legal process and as such, requires solicitors who specialise in the field of conveyancing.

It may also be a requirement of the mortgage company that you must use the services of one of their panel of solicitors. (Otherwise, we can recommend a solicitor from our own panel of ‘tried and trusted’ local firms)

The solicitor or conveyancer will:

Draw up a draft agreement called Terms of engagement, setting out its fees and deposits requiring payment before any legal work can commence; write to the seller’s solicitor requesting details of title ownership and standard forms; raise enquiries; check the lease length; conduct the ‘searches’ with the Local Authority and Environment Agency, to ensure there are not any major problems with the property; check that there are no plans to build a new motorway or other installation that may affect the value or enjoyment of your new home; check flood risk; assist in contract signing and transfer of deposit to the seller; oversee exchange of contracts and completion.

There may also be a need for legal advice if you are a landlord with a difficult tenant or other related issue that needs resolving. Our highly-trained and experienced staff within the branch are able to help with many generic landlord/tenant queries and pass you to a local solicitor if there is a requirement for further action.


Landlord Services from Colin Bibra – Whether it’s designing a landscaped garden or simply choosing trees and shrubs for your garden, a professional, qualified gardener can help.

Gardens are no longer an outside space for the children to play in; they are an extension of our interior, and a well-designed garden can increase the value of your property and can be a focal point for family and friends to gather…preferably around a pool or in a hot tub!

As estate managers, an important part of our service is to ensure the maintenance and appeal of our communal gardens and these are all kept to an extremely high standard.

We have a number of local, professional gardeners who can give you a free quotation.


The Electricity at Work Regulation covers electrical installations in the home.

The Electrical Safety Council encourages us to only use fully qualified, competent electricians. This can be verified by reference to the ElectricSafe Register.

We can recommend local, professional and qualified electricians for any project or repair, large or small.

Gas Engineers

Landlords must ensure all gas appliances are checked for safety by a Gas Safe registered engineer before a tenancy commences. A copy of the annual maintenance check must also be given to the tenants within 28 days.

We can help you when it comes to choosing a local, fully qualified gas engineer.

Domestic Energy Assessors

Landlord Services from Colin Bibra – Since 1st October 2008 new legislation requires that all rental properties placed on the market must have an Energy Performance Certificate or EPC. (This is not optional)

An Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) give landlords and tenants information on the energy efficiency of the property.

An EPC is only required for a property that is self-contained, and the certificate is valid for 10 years.

There are heavy fines for non-compliance both for the Landlord and for the Estate Agent. (£200 for the Landlord and £2,000 for the letting agent)

Colin Bibra utilises the services of a Domestic Energy Assessor who is qualified to produce the certificate; this can usually be carried out the same day.

Do you have one or would you like us to organise it for you?

Flooring and Carpets

Your choice of flooring can often transform a house into a home; using different types of flooring can create different areas and moods; carpets can make a bedroom feel cosy and inviting, whereas a beautiful stone, wood or hard-wearing laminate floor can denote an area of play or space where the whole family can relax.

Whatever your preference, we can recommend specialists in flooring who will help and advise you.

Reference Checking

At Colin Bibra Estate Agents, we are rigorous on your behalf in our referencing process for prospective tenants.

We use an independent referencing agency specialising in referencing for landlords. They conduct an impartial, thorough search of an applicant’s credit history, previous landlord and employment details.

As an extra safeguard, we require payslips, bank statements and photo ID for our files. Work permits are also required where applicable.

Building & Contents insurance

As a private landlord, you have responsibilities to your tenants. The correct insurance policy can protect both of you if the worst should happen.

Areas of responsibility include maintenance and safety of:

Your property represents an important asset for you as a landlord, therefore you need to know it’s protected with specialist insurance in place. A domestic insurance policy will not provide adequate cover against loss of rent due to fire and flood, or damage to fixtures and fittings or glass and locks replacement or legal costs arising from disputes with tenants.

Also, your buy-to-let mortgage provider may insist that you have a landlord-specific policy in place.

Landlord’s Insurance comprises the following elements, some compulsory, others optional for added protection:


This means the structure is protected against fire or flood damage.


If your property is let furnished, this will enable you to repair or replace damaged fixtures and fittings such as carpets, kitchen equipment and furniture.


This protects you against claims for injury sustained during an accident on your premises to tenants or visitors.

Home Emergency

This element can give you as a landlord the peace of mind that all call-outs are covered in response to emergency breakdowns to utilities or equipment including gas, electricity and water.

Legal Expense

Sometimes, legal disputes over unpaid rent or other disagreements means a landlord will need to engage the services of a solicitor.

Rent Guarantee

This covers a landlord against unpaid rent or void periods between tenancies.

Tenant Content Insurance

If you are renting your home, the landlord is not responsible for insuring your contents.

There are even policies aimed specifically at students in shared accommodation.

Block Insurance

This is the responsibility of the Freeholder of a Block and includes cover for garages, communal areas, car parks and gardens, as well as the building itself.

we work with specialists in Landlord and Commercial insurance of all types. They can advise you how best to protect your assets and personal effects.


The inventory is a record of the condition of the property and includes all items, fixtures, fittings and appliances and is accompanied by detailed photographs and descriptions.

The inventory serves as a dated record and can help in matters of dispute concerning the return of a tenant’s deposit, where discrepancies can arise at the end of the tenancy. Where an independent inventory is not in existence, you as a landlord could lose out.

The inventory should be signed by both the tenants and the landlord. Photographic or video evidence is optional.

Quarterly inspections by the landlord are advisable to ensure conditions are maintained.

We work with a number of independent, professional inventory companies for our managed properties and we are happy to recommend them to you.


There will be occasions when you will need to store the contents of your home, for the long or short- term.

You can be moving house, going to university/just returned from university, going travelling or refurbishing your home.

Services on offer to be considered before selecting your storage solution.

We can help you with secure, cost-effective solutions for large or small units.

Professional Cleaning

A good, reliable cleaning contractor can help when you are renting out your property, or just moved into your new home, or for regular domestic cleaning.

End of tenancy professional cleaning is one of the important services they provide.

Our helpful and friendly staff can recommend local, professional cleaning companies to help you.